Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!

So, I haven't had a lot of time to think about writing movie reviews. For one, I spent last weekend visiting family for a wicked Stag&Doe in Niagara.

Even more excitingly, tomorrow I leave for four days to LAS VEGAS! I've never been, and while the amazing weather (28 and sunny all days we're there), shows, and most importantly cheap alcohol is reason enough to go...I'm also excited to see for myself the mythic place known as the Las Vegas Strip.

Growing up as a TV/movie/pop culture kid, I have grown accustomed to seeing certain places immortalized on film time and time again. Places like Paris, New York City, London, Hollywood, etc. There is always a risk of being disappointed when travelling to these places too, because you never know if you'll love it as much as everyone seems to in the outside world.

Luckily, I've been to both Paris and New York and was surprised by how both of them not only met my expectations, but also far surpassed them.

For example, Paris really is as romantic, poetic and beautiful as you would think...

This was one of the first things I saw after arriving in Paris, and I've never had something take my breath away so profoundly.
  
...and New York City really is as big, busy, glamourous and fascinating as TV and movies would lead you to believe...

I was so obsessed with NYC as a teenager, that when we actually arrived and drove in from LaGuardia via yellow taxi, I started crying like a baby haha.

...but when I think of Las Vegas, I don't really know what to think. I think of a city notorious for gambling, the strip, celebrities who put on shows, and a whole lotta "entertainment". But mostly, I think about this:


Yes, it's the place where Kelly Kapowski and Zack Morris (my first love) finally got hitched. It's also where Slater and Screech dressed up as go-go dancers to hide from a hitman, and where (spoiler alert) Jessie Spano showed up as a bridesmaid at the last minute (missing her exams) because she had to be there to see her two best friends ride off into the sunset.

Ok, so maybe I don't expect to see any of the SBTB crew while I'm there...but one thing is certain: I'm going to have a fricken FANTASTIC time there. And considering this trip is just one big, fun, celebratory send-off for me and my baby sister who is getting married in August  - I can't think of a better place to be.

Have a great Easter weekend everyone and I'll be back next week with some new posts (movie reviews, another Grey's Anatomy update as it starts up from a four week hiatus next Thursday, and maybe even some other fun stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment